Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Know I'm No Photographer...

I know I'm no photographer, but these are some pretty cool pics!  I took these standing under a play structure at Chastain Park.  The metal platform Jack was standing on has holes in it, and I surprised him by sticking my finger up through the hole and wiggling it around like a puppet.  He thought it was hysterical, of course! 

It was Valentine's Day, and it was beautiful outside!  The sky was blue and the sun was warm and bright.  We were spending the afternoon with friends, and Jack was having a blast!  My favorite thing about moments like this is that I know I won't forget them because I have these pictures.  Isn't that why we take pictures?  To capture the memories we want to treasure and hold onto?  I know I take way too many, but with digital cameras and instant gratification it is just so easy, and with a subject like my little Jack-Bo, well, I can't help it.  I love to look back and see what details from our adventures I have trapped into that little rectangular box.

I know I don't have the best camera, but mine is small and convenient, fitting easily into my pocket or purse.  I love that it also records videos.  I typically carry it in our backpack diaper bag, and it serves an awesome purpose by being available and ready to work at precisely the moment I need it to.  Yes, some of my pics are blurry, and I often have lighting issues, but this isn't a career for me; it is simply a way for me to document my child's life, a way for me to remember each stage of his development, a way for me to watch him grow over and over and over again.

I love it.
And I love it more because I love him.

3 comments:

  1. Your pics are great! You know and love your subject and you are capturing your memories and that is all that matters! Trust me, I snap away some Mom pics too just for me without considering any of the technical things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great photos. I especially love the second one!

    I *love* the instant gratification of digital cameras.

    I think the only prerequisite for being a photographer is to take photographs.

    ReplyDelete