Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Put Me to Sleep-er

There is more happy than sad.
I've made lists and counted,
And when the numbers are all in,
The good outweighs the bad.

I can't sleep right now,
And when I can't sleep, I think.
I am stuck all alone in my clustered head
With my scattered thoughts.

The rest of them sleep peacefully.
I hear the rustling of covers and feet rubbing together,
The occasional groan and snores.
I hope they have pleasant dreams.

I'm just thinking.
Right now I am thinking about why I can't sleep.
I am happy.  I feel peaceful, tired even.
Why does sleep evade me?

I want to turn off the thoughts.
I want to sign out and shut down,
But I can't;
I'm a mom.

I'm a wife and I worry.
I worry about the future,
And I worry about now.
I worry about how tired I will be tomorrow.

I am thinking, but I can't think straight.
The direction of my written thoughts is unclear.
The direction of my subliminal thoughts is sporadic.
I'm beginning to feel dazed, sleepy now.

I think I just bored myself to sleep with this empty poem.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment